Liebster Award


7/5/14

So, it's been a while since I last posted on here, whoops? But just recently, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by two absolutely amazing people:

 Julia of in my thoughts forever and 
Kennard of Kennard Diaries

Their blogs are a-ma-zing, I absolutely recommend you check them out!

I was surprised to find this still going around since I first saw this a  few months back (from the time I didn't have a blog yet, actually), but here it is! I actually still cannot grasp the fact that live, breathing people that aren't me read the text I wrote. Not to mention, live, breathing AND absolutely fantastic people. Again, thank you so much to both of you! I'm very honored to have been nominated by two fantastic bloggers (✿◠‿◠)

The rules to the Liebster Award: 
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. 
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) 
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. 
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. 
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!) 
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer. 
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: 
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)


11 random (and terribly useless) facts about me:
  1. I have terrible eyesight haha
  2. I love coffee!
  3. I'm not entirely introverted.
  4. I'd love to act but I'm very shy
  5. I tend to be lazy but I love getting things done
  6. I've been the youngest person in my class two years in a row
  7. I'm a dog person (I still like cats, though!)
  8. I used to have this really embarrassing tumblr blog from when I was 9
  9. I tend to be more productive at night
  10. I have lots of cosplans but not enough funds [cries]
  11. I like collecting notebooks and filling them with quotes



Julia's 11 Questions:

1. What was the first TV show you marathoned?
-- Okay, this is slightly hard seeing I marathon quite often. But the first time I unconsciously marathoned (like, I had no idea what it even was), was long back when I was a kid. Yes, I had a Winnie The Pooh marathon. Jokes! The first TV show I marathoned was probably FRIENDS, haha!

2. What is your favorite book?
-- What kind of question is that!? Holy frick, I can't choose! I obsess over books you cannot make me choose [cries]. Let me just give some of my personal favorites:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Ungifted by Gordon Korman
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

3. If you could only listen to two albums for the rest of your life, what would they be?
-- Oh, you ask the hardest questions. Gosh, I don't know. In the unlikely occasion that I'd have to listen to only two albums, I'd listen to Suck It And See of the Arctic Monkeys and Red by Taylor Swift [reveals long repressed love for Taylor].

4. What food would you eat everyday? (That is, besides the conventional, stereotypically Asian rice.)
-- You can feed me tonkatsu every single day for the rest of my life and I wouldn't complain.


5. Apart from gadgets, what is the most expensive thing that you own?
-- Is it okay if it's more than one, or is that cheating? Haha! Anyway, it'd probably be my collection of books.

6. If there was going to be a movie about your life, which particular relationship/s would the plot take on?
-- It'd probably take on my mom and I's relationship and it'd basically portray how much we should value and reciprocate the love our parents give us. A lot of kids my age aren't very close to their parents so I count myself lucky that I could consider myself close to my mom.


7. What do you believe yourself doing at the age 35?
-- Well, I think (I hope) that I'll have a career as an illustrator or a writer, have my own flat by then, and maybe a dog or two. Not sure about the 'my own family' thing, though I'll still be very close to the family I grew up with.

8. Who is your idol that you dream to sit down and have a long discussion with (your Peter Van Houten)?
-- Either of the two Johns. Green or Kennedy. 

9. What is the best advice you've ever received?
-- Ms. Arriane Serafico (like, my life peg) stated, I quote: 
Chase after the dreams that scare you.

10. What is one country you wish you could have grown up in?
-- Either Norway or Sweden. Scandinavian culture absolutely fascinates me and it would've been absolutely amazing growing up there, plus, the two aforementioned countries are also a part of the happiest countries in the world!


11. What's your favorite song lyric?
-- At the moment, it's this excerpt from Little Wonders by Rob Thomas (from Meet The Robinsons!):
Let it slide, let your troubles fall behind you.
Let it shine, until you feel it all around you.
 And I don't mind if it's me you need to turn to,
 We'll get by, it's the heart that really matters in the end.

Kennard's 11 Questions:

1. If you could be a celebrity for a day who would you be?
-- It's probably really hard to be a celebrity, but if I were to be one for a day, I'd be Jennifer Lawrence or something. I absolutely love how her sense of humor and how down-to-earth she still is despite being really famous.

2. If you were trap in an island what 3 things would you bring? 
-- In the very unlikely possibility this happens, a book on how-to survive the wild, a knife, and a Bible probably. (this question's hard holy wow)

3. What book have you read recently? 
-- The most recent book I've read is "A Little Princess" by Frances Hodgson Burnett, we're currently reading it for my English class. 

4. What is the recent movie that made you cry? 
-- The last movie I watched was The Fault In Our Stars, and well, yeah. 

5. Given a P1M how would you spend it in one day? 
-- Typically, I'd save it for university, but if I'd have to spend it in one day, I'd shop a hell lot (think of all the books I could get!).

6. Who is you celebrity crush? 
-- *whispers* Matt Healy. 

7. How would you envision your self 10 years from now? 
-- Okay, since I'm going to be around 23 by then, I'll probably be setting the foundation for the career I hope to have by 35, hopefully writing for magazines or illustrating for infamous story books, living in my own apartment, who knows?

8. What is your favorite quote ever? 
Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. -Karim Seddiki 
9. If you were John Green, how would you end The Fault In Our Stars? 
-- I like how John Green ended it, he really conveys to the readers that the world is not a wish granting factory. But if I had a chance to change how it ends, I'll make sure that like, their cancer goes away and they live happily, as surreal as it is. 

10. What makes you beautiful? 
-- It's what's inside that counts, right? I think my optimism and eccentricity makes me beautiful. :)

11. Am I beautiful?
-- Of course you are, Kennard! Aside from being a totes fabulous frustrated model, your snazzy personality tops it all off (ノ◕ ◡ ◕)ノ

My nominees:
Fiona of The Chubby Fawn


My Questions:
  1. If you were a certain kind of food, why would I not eat you? 
  2. What makes you feel nostalgic?
  3. What's your favorite amusement park ride?
  4. Do you play any board games? Any favorites?
  5. If you could master any language, what would it be?
  6. If you could bring anybody back to life, who would it be?
  7. In the unlikely event the world ends tomorrow, who would you want to spend your last hours with?
  8. If you had to choose between wealth, power, and love, what would you choose and why?
  9. Any pet peeves?
  10. If you could name your own planet, what'd you name it?
  11. If you could eliminate any international issue (e.g. hunger, war, inequality, etc.) what would it be and why?

Did I have to give 22 facts? Haha! Anyway, I had tons of fun answering these questions! To those tagged, I hope you have fun answering mine! Until my next post x 

-Zianne 


4 comments:

  1. Aagghh, you're so awesome! I'm sorry but thinking up hard questions is sort of my thing hahaha ;)

    I wasn't really asking you to choose one favourite book, I don't have just one myself, but I love how you answered with more than one! I just figured that maybe the other bloggers I nominated aren't that much into reading as I am, but I'm glad that you are.

    You answered my sixth question spot on! (It was really just my clever way of asking the nominees who they're closest to/who knows them the most, lol.) And I like that you mentioned Scandinavia because one of my best friends feels the same way about it and, as she keeps telling me, would love to go there as well; I guess it really must be wonderful there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Someone thinks I'm awesome omg you're awesome too ya know) I've got to admit, I was sort of confused by your sixth question, haha! But all in all, I had lots of fun answering all of your questions (✿◠‿◠) Thanks a bunch again for nominating me!

      Delete
  2. I tend to be productive at night, as well, and it leads me to getting less hours of sleep haha. I love your blog by the way!! It's one of the cutest blogs I've ever stumbled upon!

    -Skeen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so, so much!! (▰˘◡˘▰)

      Delete