30 Day Character Challenge: Closure


6/2/14







Apparently, the real challenge for me was not creating the drawings, but posting the drawings. *sigh* My goal was to finish this by the end of may and technically, I did. I simply failed to post it in time, haha! Anyway, get ready for a very long post ahead.

DAY 13: A BORING CHARACTER
In my opinion, Snow White is a boring character. I mean, all she did was, like, make sure the cottage was clean, make supper, and I don't know, accept apples from total strangers? Sorry Snow White fandom.

DAY 14: A CHARACTER YOU WISH WAS NEVER INTRODUCED
(Okay, I'm actually laughing so hard at my drawing for this one.) Anyway, it obviously doesn't look like it, but this is supposed to be Peter Pettigrew from the Harry Potter Series (in rat form!) Okay, so if it weren't for him, Harry's parents and those twelve muggles would probably still be alive, Sirius would've never went to Azkaban, etc. Though if he didn't commit all the aforementioned, the Harry Potter series would be less eventful, right?

DAY 15: THE SMARTEST CHARACTER
Oh, do your research. I'm not a hero; I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Merry Christmas.
*sigh* Sherlock is on hiatus... again. When someone says 'smartest character', Sherlock automatically pops into my head. I mean, how does he even make all these deductions? How? 

DAY 16: THE DUMBEST CHARACTER
Okay, folks. Cosmo from my favourite childhood show, The Fairly Odd Parents. To be honest, I find it very funny how when you ask Cosmo to grant you a wish, he would often find some way to mess it up somehow, haha!

DAY 17: THE MOST AWFUL, MEAN, EVIL CHARACTER YOU KNOW
Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter Series wins this one, hands down. Must I still explain? 

DAY 18: AN ANIMAL CHARACTER YOU LIKE
Aside from being Rapunzel's constant and loyal companion, Pascal from Tangled is a totally awesome chameleon (that rhymed!). Like, despite having no ability to talk, he still shows Punzie that he cares for her and he even tends to be affectionate and protective at times. I wish I could have my own Pascal, haha! 


DAY 19: A SCI-FI CHARACTER YOU LIKE
I just watched the movie Escape From Planet Earth this year on TV and I loved it! Above, you can see Gary Supernova,  brother of Scorch Supernova, a 'famous hero'. I loved how he went all the way to the 'Dark Planet' (Earth) to save aforementioned 'hero' despite how obnoxious he could be, and how he made the laser ray malf-- wait, are these spoilers? It is a 2013 movie, but there might be people who, like me, haven't heard of it until this year, haha! 

DAY 20: A FANTASY CHARACTER YOU LIKE 
Is that Flynn Rider? No! This is Nod from the film Epic. There are so many things I love about this guy! One, he looks like Flynn Rider (haha!). Two, he has this individualistic spirit, though he could be stubborn when he wants to. Three, I find him funny, too! (You're probably thinking: "Oh please, you find everything funny." To which I respond: "Yes. Yes, I do.")

DAY 21: A PARANORMAL CHARACTER YOU LIKE
Does Mavis from Hotel Pennsylvania count? Okay, I'm such a kid. Wait, I am. I'm not a paranormal fanatic so I'm not going all big on this one. I mean, Mavis is like, an adorable vampire. It would be really cool to meet her, but I might get killed by her dad so never mind.

DAY 22: THE BEST SINGER
I would never grow out of my Disney phase, haha! Everyone remembers Enchanted, right? If my sketch isn't accurate and you can't recognize who it is, it's Giselle! Her singing voice is so beautiful, it attracts many animals, like doves and roaches, even! 

DAY 23: THE BEST DANCER
Okay, so this is pretty unusual if I don't caption it, but it's Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story movies. And it's not just Buzz Lightyear, it's Spanish Buzz Lightyear! Do you all remember the scene where he was restarted or something and he ended up dancing as he spoke fluent Spanish? If you don't, I have it here, just for you! 


DAY 24: THE CHARACTER WITH THE BEST LAUGH
If ya'll don't remember, this is Penny from Bolt! I'm not sure if I like her laugh because it's very cute or if it's because it's Miley Cyrus. I have to admit, she has a very nice laugh. (Unlike my laugh, which sounds like walrus choking.)

DAY 25: THE CHARACTER THAT MAKES YOU CRY WHEN THEY CRY
Ta-da! Earlier in the challenge, Leslie Burke of Bridge To Terabithia was featured, now we have Jess Aarons! To make it brief, I was sobbing in the entirety of it's ending (The book and the movie). Right after the 'fall'. 

DAY 26: AN UNDERRATED CHARACTER 
I just realized now that this challenge has quite a handful of Harry Potter characters. Here, we have Neville Longbottom. I'm talking 'movie-wise' because unlike in the books, they only show Neville's potential in the last films and that's kind of disappointing.

DAY 27: AN OVERRATED CHARACTER
Okay, I'm not just talking about Juliet from Romeo + Juliet (1996), I am talking about the whole play in general. Nowadays, I see very many people saying they want a 'love story like Romeo and Juliet's'. Excuse you, but do you wish to take your life over a three day romance?



DAY 28: A CHARACTER YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE
I couldn't bring myself to hate very many characters??? Anyway, Pansy Parkinson, again, from the Harry Potter series. She basically filled in the whole 'Draco's girl' role but they didn't show that very much in the films, too. I don't really hate her, maybe dislike with a slight passion? 

DAY 29: A CHARACTER THAT MAKES YOU FLASHBACK INTO YOUR CHILDHOOD
I had a hard time choosing a character for this one, haha! I settled with Alex from Totally Spies! That show was definitely one of my favourites as a kid. I remember being so excited every time they'd be called by Jerry for new gadgets, and I have to admit, I reaaaally wanted them before (until now, even!). Remember the jetpack backpack and the compowder? I do! 




DAY 30: A CHARACTER YOU WILL LOVE AND REMEMBER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
Like I mentioned earlier, I am such a kid. Despite having turned thirteen a few days ago, I still believe the typical childhood myths out of choice. Fairies, elves, mermaids, etc. Since I believe in all of those, we can't forget the boy who never grew up! Peter Pan has been and still is a favourite of mine since I was in my pre-school days. Do you remember the film from 2003? I loved that movie to bits and still watch it when I feel nostalgic to this day. If you haven't watched it, you should. 


That's all, folks. Like I mentioned earlier, I technically finished this challenge in May, haha! I hope you were somehow amused by my endless rambling. Until my next post!

-Zianne 



2 comments:

  1. GURRRL THIS IS AWESOME!!! You did whale!! (Okay that was a really bad pun, I admit it)
    O oO)!!! +++ <-- (THOSE ARE SPARKLES OKAY AHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete